View Single Post
Old 08-19-2022, 06:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Introvrtd1

Peaks n valleys on Antidepressants

The first several weeks were a rollercoaster ride of moods, feelings, ups, and downs….After about six months, things pretty much leveled off well…

Then there’s that occasional dip. That event most fear might come…I admit without wanting to think about it, I denied any possibility of peaks n valleys. The past week has been just that….dips in the level road I was on for the last few months…

Felt good not worried about the anxiety, paws, depression, or other physical symptoms that normally disrupts living life to the fullest.

Anyway, just as before…I know this will pass….I been here before…I often think about taking that drink….that one night binge I miss so much… Until this reality kicked in, I can now think about how much worse it would be if I was drinking…might be fun and uneventful after a night or two, but that would quickly turn into a week binge, followed by a nasty recovery.

All this to say…ups and downs occur…putting them in perspective is the thing I should focus on to remain stable.