Old 08-09-2022, 06:55 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Wolf_22
Want to form an alliance? :.)

Originally Posted by Astro View Post
I'm 58, maybe not that old, although I feel old, and I have multiple side jobs that keep me working around a lot of people. I have friends of all ages, so usually I'm looking for a little quiet time alone. Speaking of that, I think your kayak idea is fantastic but I'm sorta bias. While I know that money and "stuff" usually bring only temporary happiness, last year I picked up a cheap used kayak and I loooooove fishing and paddling around a lake whenever I can find some free time. I look forward to hearing how you enjoy it, and one tip I would suggest is buying used, there are great deals out there.
I've been watching Craigslist for used kayaks, but in my area, there are rarely any on there that I would like to buy. Any suggestions on other places to look for used kayaks? And do you have a sit-in type or one of those where you sit on a raised chair? I went kayaking once with some buddies and the type we rented were the raised seat kind and I really liked it. Seemed like it would be the better type for fishing.