Old 07-11-2022, 07:32 PM
  # 257 (permalink)  
Graceful123

Originally Posted by VikingGF View Post
I have 11 months tomorrow, and I am being accosted with the memory/poor focus like crazy in the past few weeks, off and on. It's disturbing and I have been making errors that are concerning to me- I check my math/appointments like crazy- can't remember a name or a number to save my life and if this didn't ebb from time to time I'd be convinced I had symptoms of early onset dementia. It's really the only thing left that still bothers me- all my other annoying things have gone away. Just venting. Thanks for listening.
yah, that part sucks, I had a moment where I was the same way, thinking I had parkinsons or some other nasty disorder. You notice it ESPECIALLY with writing and mathematics. It feels like... you forget for a second what 3x4 is and then you start getting anxious, thinking you have some sort of brain cancer or something and the more anxious you get, the more you panic and the less you're able to solve the problem, and it's like an ever-repeating, cascading issue, until you calm down. One thing I noticed is that it always tends to be during times of heightened anxiety. I truly do think there is a link between GABA, perpetual anxiety, long term sobriety, and all these nasty psychological symptoms we are feeling.

For example I notice I only get dizzy if I'm surrounded by a group of strangers. I only get depersonalization (Actually haven't gotten any in many months now) when I'm anxious about something, work, love life, etc. There is certainly a link there.