Old 07-07-2022, 09:35 AM
  # 249 (permalink)  
BettyP

Graceful - jinx, you owe me a seltzer haha! Congratulations on two years - we have come so far! I'm starting to come out of my wave - still funky today, but not as bad as the last two days. I, too, will be happy when I just forget about all the stupid symptoms. One of the last things to go (besides anxiety) is waves of extreme fatigue - like my whole body feels like a thousand pounds and I can't sleep enough. Must be my brain doing some serious heavy lifting. I do remind myself that even just three and six months ago I had worse symptoms. It would be nice if PAWS was linear, though!
CB - 18-24 months was when I started to really get good progress, but at the same time it was like dragging my dead body out of a desert only to find 10 miles of highway with no water in sight -- like ok, getting somewhere and know where to go, but how to find the energy to get down the last stretch seems impossible at times. I always found comfort in reminding myself that I'm x number of months done with it - that I have less time left than what I've already gone through. So like "I've made it 19 months, so only a few months left" - and then of course try not to think about how we don't know when it's over!
I also echo Graceful that things that are normally anxiety inducing will stir up more symptoms. Like more than a normal level of anxiety - it'll bring up some DP, tingling in my foot, confusion, etc -- brain still not managing normal anxiety yet, but certainly getting a lot closer.
Thanks everyone for jumping in! Paddy - we are all here for you on your journey. I also have no experience with Campral but some other posters do - hopefully you all can connect. Whatever you do, don't pick up!