Old 06-15-2022, 11:58 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
slimjim30

Controversy Incoming:

I am a Heroin addicted Father of an 8 year old. I got addicted when he was a baby (pain related - started on Oxy). My son is completely unaware that I use drugs of any sort. My wife obviously knows.

If they're working to pay for their habit, and not using to the point of "nodding out", they can still be good parents.

My son is incredibly well cared for, loved, intelligent, kind (and handsome). He goes to school every day in clean clothes and plays Fortnite most nights. We have a nice house full of everything a child could want, a University fund for him tucked away, and enough money for many a rainy day.

He is 100% a Daddy's boy. He tells me he loves me a dozen times a day (and I reciprocate).

Maybe I'm in the minority because I have not and will not use a needle (it goes up my nose). I never use around him and would never let him see it. Yet, I am still an addict.

The pregnancy part is scary, however US hospitals are pretty used to the protocol now. Looking at the date I'm probably too late, but she needs to get on subs or methadone to reduce the risk of post-birth withdrawal.

One thing to remember: Opioids are one of the safest classes of drugs we have. If you use safely (new needle every time, alcohol wipes, proper filtration - or no needles at all), constipation and hormonal issues are the only real side effects unless you're the sort of person who injects enough to OD.

I hope it has worked out ok