View Single Post
Old 06-02-2022, 06:15 AM
  # 320 (permalink)  
Mizz

Originally Posted by advbike View Post
Hey Mizz, how are things going? Haven't heard from you for a while.

I sincerely hope everything is going well with you.
GOOD MORNING!
I am doing well, Advbike. I have been on a schedule of writing in the mornings. Wake up, write for two hours or more, and then I head to work. When I get off I am exhausted. Rinse and repeat. Producing and more producing. Working towards getting something bigger accomplished. So far, I have produced a good amount. I think one in 5 pages might be worthy of saving but that is the process. Write, write, write....toss it out. Write, write, write.... this sounds good. Write, write, write, and file it away to revisit later. The process is arduous.

The goal: To write for the next 6 months. Edit. Edit. Edit. Send off to publishers. I will keep sending if off until someone takes a chance on it. I could actually be at this process for the next year, but I am making it my job and I am taking this seriously.

Moonlighting as a writer....Without the pay...haha!

Writing about what I know has been triggering. Very triggering. I swim in and out of memories and relive these memories. This process is not easy on my psyche. Not easy at all. I am finding a balance to it. I've created a format where I can swim into the deep end for a bit, and If I notice I am getting overly triggered then I go back to the shallow end of the pool.

It takes me some time to recover emotionally from the swimming but I level out. I can do this. I wont relapse. My feelings wont kill me. I have a goal. I will accomplish this goal.

I actually just took a break, due to diving into some stuff, and thought.....I need to get back to the forum. So, here I am. About to run and then head off to the circus.

Sober for twenty months in a few days.

I've yet to hear back about the AWESOME proposal I wrote. Is my heart set on the outcome? No.
I put it out there and I am moving forward. I don't expect. No expectations. My life is full. It is what it is. Its a paycheck. Give it my all and then clock off for the day.
Also, I was not canceled by that woman and our strange encounter. That was a positive.

How are you doing? How is the weather and all your animal friends visiting your yard?