View Single Post
Old 05-04-2022, 04:03 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
velma929

Originally Posted by thequest View Post
Co workers and management will ignore until someone else's drinking or drugging affects them directly. Or alot of coworkers drink a lot too...if they drink a lot of course similar behavior will ignored or considered normal
I was asked to come back to a workplace I had quit a couple years before. It was flattering and I could have used the money, but I did have issues with the culture. Manager and staff spent many nights drinking together, even after one employee lost her license for *years* for repeated OUIs. The manager's kid was a train wreck, too - and not in a 'lots of office gossip' way but in 'stuff that made the TV news for the death of a child and trial that ensued.' Manager had refused to fire (or otherwise deal with) an assistant manager who had an obvious conflict of interest in running a business that competed with the store, but held all the others in our department accountable. I had suspected she was getting kickbacks from the assistant manager's side hustle, but on reading thequest's post, perhaps they were drinking buddies, or booze simply caused the store manager to make poor decisions.