View Single Post
Old 05-01-2022, 06:39 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Obladi
Life Goes On

You're right, Mysteryman. I've often thought with horror about the risk of doing street drugs - the very next bump or hit might be that person's last depending on what's actually in the stuff. But that's not much different than me picking up a drinkanymore. Sure, the death is likely to be longer in the making, but it's really the same risk for me as it is for a dope addict. Isn't it?

Drops, I think the 'highest' form of procrastinating is when one doesn't even know they're doing it, don't you think? I was very busy yesterday, and part of that was rearranging the downstairs. Again! It wasn't until I was at the end of the day that I realized I need to get back on the hunt for a therapist. "I don't wannaaaaaa," she whined. So I'm sitting at my desk, all official-like, steeling myself for the search. It feels so much like on-line dating, reading these profiles. I know the "no-gos" for sure, but the maybes are more difficult to evaluate.

I've only missed one check-mark on my daily list since implementing it on Monday. Forgot to eat breakfast one day. For a moment, I seriously considered eating breakfast at 2pm, just so I could check it off. But that would have pushed dinner out to past my bedtime, so I let it go. The meeting this morning was a real snooze. So it goes sometimes. I don't know about anyone else, but I think some meetings turn into group therapy without the benefit of interaction. Not exactly my cuppa, though it probably used to be.