View Single Post
Old 04-21-2022, 04:43 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Mizz

Originally Posted by Obladi View Post

Thanks, silentrun. You are probably just as INFP as I am.
I just learned that giving the backstory before delivering my conclusion is pretty obnoxious for most. People have tried to tell me about this in any number of ways, but I never took it in. (In part because people don't say what they mean - you know? They hide messages in accusations. "You think too much," "You are using intellectualization as avoidance," "You think you're better than everyone else." "You always have an excuse.") I was really vested in the idea that if "you" understood where I was coming from, you would understand how I got to where I am. Now I know that it's probably better for (most) people if I state the conclusion first, then back up to clarify if the listener requests more information. Feels less efficient to me, but ok, I can do that. Or at least try to remember to do that.
I think you are perfectly you, and the way you express yourself is unique to you. Other peoples criticism or opinions of you or I are just that, opinions. It is none of my business what people think of me and so I don't ask. I think the above statements from others does not honor who you are as a person, and these sorts of statements are not conducive to a healthy self esteem. I hope you continue to be you...

"The cherry tree blossoms as a cherry tree, living to fulfill its own unique role. The same is true of the plum, peach, and damson trees. Each of us should do likewise. We each have a unique personality. We have a distinct nature and character, and our lives are each noble and respectworthy. That’s why we should always live with a solid self-identity, in a way that is true to ourselves" - Daisaku Ikeda