Old 04-06-2022, 07:40 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Mizz

Originally Posted by tgregory1313 View Post
1. If you have been to rehab, what was the biggest issue you faced when leaving? I went to a rehab when I was 28 years old. The biggest issue I faced was dealing with myself in the world outside of a structured system. It is a very vulnerable time to get out of a rehab and to join the world again.

2. What can people at the rehab facility do to help someone leaving rehab have a better transition back into daily life?
I'm not sure if the rehab can do anything other then provide the client with resources, which I am sure they do. AA, sober living options, guidance towards a counselor, etc.

3. What does someone in recovery need to help them continue their sobriety outside of rehab?
Structure. Willingness to go to any length to stay sober.

4. What are the roadblocks the recovering addict faces when trying to maintain sobriety
Roadblocks? Well, I think our brains (the way we think) would be the biggest road block.

5. If someone relapses, what tools and/or resources are in place to help them get back on track?
AA, Rehab, Sober Recovery, exercise, friends, counselors, books, SMART Recovery, LIFE RING. There are many tools and many many resources. Recovery is an inside job. Recovery is personal and it varies from person to person. All, if not most, of the work is an inside job after we get through the physical addiction part. My recovery is an emotional, mental, physical and spiritual journey.

I am sorry for your heartbreak and for losing a friend. I do understand the toll suicide takes on people. We have experienced suicide in our family and it is awful. Our mental health through life is so precious. May you find peace on your sober journey and stay close. We are here for you.
Sending healing and hugs to you.

( I did not format right but my answers are in the block above)