View Single Post
Old 02-24-2022, 09:04 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
LazaB

Originally Posted by D122y View Post
You are one of just a few folks that seemed to have similar results from drinking and then quitting.

I hate booze. It is poison.

You have made the realization about the need of booze to feel normal (e.g. off balance literally). It has take the better part of 5 years for the world to settle down all of the time.

I knew it was possible from day 1 because I felt normal at times (laying flat on my back) or when dealing with major stresses (grappling training). I knew that in time I would feel like that all the time.

I had know idea it would take years. I didn't heal as much as I got used to what was left of my brain.

The time it took to get this much growth makes the thought of relapsing equal to a horrible flashback or a nightmare.

Folks don't realize they are addicted and that they need booze to feel normal. Many are addicted and digging the hole deeper with each sip of the toxin.

Stay clean.

Thanks.
So it took you 5 years to feel completely normal again ? How long were you drinking and how much ?
If you are training grappling do you mean jiujitsu or wrestling ?
I plan on getting back to jiu jitsu but i am 53 days sober today and my anxiety is still too high but i hope that i will be back in less than 1 year.