View Single Post
Old 02-13-2022, 12:41 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
RecklessDrunk

About the same ages I drank.

Knowing what I know now I was an instant alcoholic, just add alcohol. I can trace my actual alcoholism back to 14 years old when I first discovered the magic that alcohol did for treating the alcoholism i didn't know i had. I had smoked pot a few times up to then beginning at 9 years old. Taking some swigs of whiskey before and maybe got a little taste of the magic. But that first time i drank until I threw up, wow! I thought I found the answers in life that night. Like it says in the big book it came back like a boomerang and cut me to ribbons. It uncorked an obsession to drink alcohol that lasted for decades. Cunning, baffling and powerful. No matter how far I get from my last drink I need to stay on top of the obsession each and every day.

The obsession, the alcoholic voice or AV. The true insanity of this disease. When we are completely free of chemicals at a given moment and suddenly think its somehow a good idea to pick up a drink.

.43 sounds dangerous. I guess only people like us actually know our BAC. With the exception of a normie having a bad night and getting picked off driving drunk. Years ago I actually bought a portable BAC machine to try and figure out precisely how much I could drink without going over the legal limit. Conclusion, I had to wait too long between drinks to get an accurate measure. So I either just didn't care and drove drunk or further isolated myself. Many times i would begin a drunk terrified of DWI and isolate. Then get drunk and want drugs or some other ridiculous idea and drive drunk anyway. A lose/lose.

At 22 days i think you are beginning to get a grip on the throat of the obsession. Do not let up!