View Single Post
Old 05-04-2003, 02:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Effie H.

Thanks!

Thanks, Meg! Your advice was very helpful!! I like the part where you said: HE knows how much is too much... He probably has begun to feel that it is a problem as well, or he wouldn't be hiding. The thing that was a clue for me (my husband is an alcoholic / crack addict), is that there began to be no real enjoyment in the drinking / using... It was obvious to me that he was using because he HAD to; his body craved it. I hadn't really thought of it that way -- he IS an intelligent man and I have the utmost respect for his beliefs and opinions and his outlook on life in our normal everday life (actually, I mean - when he's sober) and it made me feel better to think that deep inside he DOES know even if he can't admit it to himself or me yet. It was also very helpful to hear that I don't need to DO anything . . . I tell myself that quite frequently when I worry too much and it never fails to make me feel better! I do want to try an Al-Anon meeting, I know where the nearest one is and when it is and I have actually driven by and looked at the cars parked outside thinking I could be there, too, but I've never gotten enough courage to go. I also worry that someone might be there who knows us and I wouldn't want them to know that I feel my husband is an alcoholic. Before I read your post I was browsing around the Al-Anon forum and read other posts with helpful advice -- I guess I have to admit to myself that if I'm having a problem with this then I should go to Al-Anon. But in the meantime, I think I'll read some more!!
thanks! Effie