View Single Post
Old 02-04-2022, 08:32 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
zjw

i wasnt able to eat better or quit smoking or start excercising till i was able to get my sobriety under control. once i figured that out it seemed easier ot fix the other things.

But what you describe is different as you say you cant just do a diet you want to fix your thinking. I dont have a good answer other then i try to tell myself things like yeh i could eat this bad food but its going to casue me xyz issues. Or reading what foods are good for me and focusing on those. I dunno constantly paying attention to it has helped. But am i cured? nah i still wanna eat trash and not excercise. I think deep down i'm just a fat and happy slob. So for me to not be that does go against the grain.

So just as daily i have to be sure i dont drink. I also have to be sure to eat properly. In a way i have the drinking down just dont do it how hard is that.

eating? i can still over eat and be a total pig. I just do it with good foods now like fruits and veggies rather then chips and soda.

The issues with my thinking are still there but I've tried to counter it with more positive thoughts and thats become more of a habit. Or i throw my hands in the air mad i cant this or that anymore but i know its for my own good.