Thread: Sick again
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2022, 08:09 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
YoungHyde31

Hey David, I think alot of reasons we're tempting to drink has alot to do with the way alcohol is marketed to us. It's always been marketed as a good thing, a drink you're offered with a meal, and we are told we are the problem because we can't "handle" this good thing. Even alot of programs have this reasoning. One program I was in blamed it on something Hereditary or brain chemistry. Alcohol is a drug, and it's just as dangerous and even more so than some "harder drugs". It's become a huge part of culture which is why no one says this, but alcohol isn't really good for anyone. The buzz it provides doesn't last long, in order to prolong it you risk blacking out/losing control of yourself. It makes horrible decisions seem great. The next day you end up sick and you can't remember anything. If that isn't bad enough, the more you continue to drink through life the shorter that buzz last due to tolerance, and the more you end up blacking out. It's just a very lame drug in my opinion.

Hope you feel better, I was sick for the entire month of September, I couldn't talk the entire month.