View Single Post
Old 01-09-2006, 02:44 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
TexasGirl

Well, he just called my office and asked why I was ignoring him this morning. Here's an abbreviated play-by-play...

Him: I wasn't talking to any girl
Me: I saw you
H: I was just talking to the bartender
M: You were sitting very close, leaning in to some girl. She had on a white shirt with dark brown hair.
H: Yes, that was just the bartender. She was sitting 2 chairs down reading the newspaper
M: No, that's not what I saw. It doesn't matter who it was anyway. It was inappropriate. Are you saying you'd rather spend your nights hanging out with some bartender than me?
H: Well, I want you to go with me, but you don't ever want to go out anymore.
M: I'm tired of watching you get sloppy every time. You know, you hurt me more than any other person on the planet, and you are supposed to be the one I can trust the most. I'm tired of this. I don't want to have to worry about you driving home, you meeting women, you winding up in jail and how it will affect me. Maybe this is the end of our marriage.
H: Well you shouldn't worry about those things.
M: How can I not worry? I don't think I should have to have these problems in my life.
H: Well, you bring a lot of problems to my life too.
M: Well, maybe this is the end of our marriage then.
H: Is that what you want?
M: *Silence*
H: I have to go, I have a business call coming in. I'll talk to you tonight.

You know, I can throw that kind of stuff around, but can I do it? I still don't have a job in another town. I can't get a place here because that woud require a 6-month minimum lease, and I don't want to be here that long. He's here, his family is here, and I couldn't handle them being mad at me or the pressure they would put on me. I would have to leave town entirely to escape.