Thread: #$%^!!
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2003, 09:52 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

Hanging up is just a "Quack You"

Asking for a lawyer is a "Poor (Quack) me"

I've never bailed my son out and never paid for a lawyer just for the simple fact that I had no money to do so. He had the same fair hearing as anyone else. He always got out and always got by with it. He has been in and out of jail 4 times.

He never asked for help because he knew I didn't have the money to help him. Most change comes from suffering. Even ours does. There is no one to give us a lawyer to get us out of this mess. We are stuck here until we change and work on our recovery.

My son always uses "Quack, I'll kill myself" That's always the last quacking resort. I just call the police and tell them he is threatening suicide. I think if that happened to me with my son in jail I would call the jail and have him put on suicide watch. He would probably think twice about using that one again.

I have a wonderful friend who found recovery because he ended up in prison. It took that experience to show him how bad it had become. He has been clean and sober ever since.

We want them to know we care and that's why we are not helping, but I don't think they are at the point that they can understand that. You just have to know it's true even though he can't see it right now.

Hugs,
MG