View Single Post
Old 11-26-2021, 05:03 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Indisposed

Ann - thank you for reaching out. I'm very sorry about the situation with your son, and hope you understand that you did everything you could for him. It's really unfortunate that he keeps relapsing after the 3 months, but one thing I've learned about addicts is that the real world comes at them fast, and the first time things get difficult they turn to alcohol or substance. Hopefully one day he will overcome his inner demons before they get the best of him. For your case, and his.

I'm now at 2 weeks since last contact with my ex, and as much as I want to reach out and ask why, I see no point right now. She still has photos with the rehab romance up, and I refuse to get involved with that no matter how vengeful I am. I have so many questions left unanswered, and only time will tell if they ever do get answered.

I love her with all my heart, and hope she does finally overcome her demons, but from the endless amount of research I've done (both on this forum and other outlets), she is going down the wrong path in recovery. I do know that I did everything I could for her, and it does give me solace knowing that I led her to recovery when most would have wiped their hands clean of her a long time ago. Will she ever realize how much I did for her, and all the things she did to make my mental health worse? Who knows.

That's what I'm struggling with the most - the unappreciative nature of how she went about doing things. All in 3 weeks - it went from "I love you so much, don't leave me", to "I want to work on myself and I'm not looking for anyone else", to "I don't love you anymore" and finally admitted there was someone else when I asked her about it. I truly wonder if she would have ever told me the truth about this guy if I never asked.

So many questions, and I'd be lying if I said I'm not still struggling. It's been 2 weeks, and she is constantly on my mind - no matter how hard I try to block her out. I wouldn't wish this upon my worst enemy.

Very thankful I found this forum, and the ones who can understand where I coming from. Thanks again for reaching out, and I hope you had a great holiday.