View Single Post
Old 11-24-2021, 08:14 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  
Indisposed

trailmix - You're absolutely right - I have been making excuses for her this whole time, and did blame her mental illness and addiction for the majority of the things she did to me. After all, majority of it happened while she was under the influence. I did feel sincerity when she apologized, and did know she was sick but now I realize that I let her manipulate me by doing that.

It has taken a huge toll on my self worth over the years, and I know it's way too early to talk to her even if she did reach out. I've done so research on similar rehab romance stories and 13 stepping that my head hurts lol. I've read every similar story on this forum, and it's scary how similar the stories are.

Thank you for continuing to reach out, and give perspective. When those angry moments happen during the day, I want to cave in and message her in a vengeful way and ask how she can happy with herself or sleep at night. I know it's not worth it though, and just do my best to get through that emotion and make it through the day.