View Single Post
Old 11-24-2021, 06:46 PM
  # 129 (permalink)  
trailmix

Once some of the fog clears (and that can take a while) and you start thinking about how she treated you and how you didn't deserve that abuse and how she just walked away from it all - you may get angry, but you're not there yet. To be there you have to be focusing on yourself and your self worth.

I can see how you wouldn't necessarily be all that angry about her cheating again. You have probably been making excuses for her for years. Yes, she screamed at me and slapped me - but she was probably black out drunk or I know how she gets, I should have just left. I can't expect her to behave perfectly, she is an addict and has mental health issues etc etc.

So you were primed to excuse her. Hopefully that will wear off.

If you think about it, when you know if she did call you would allow her to say her - bit - you are probably still able to excuse her most anything. What else can she do to hurt you? How much lower can it go, the abuse mentally and physically, the cheating, the lying - what could she possibly do that would have you walk away?

That's why it would be so dangerous to talk to her now, until you are feeling stronger. That's why no contact is so important. Talking to her would take you right back to where you were.

Years of being treated poorly wears your self worth away. Until you start working on that and focusing on yourself (and yes, I know it's not easy), that probably won't shift much. But right now, it's still very raw, so just getting through each day the best you can is great.