View Single Post
Old 11-18-2021, 07:18 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Indisposed

Originally Posted by velma929 View Post
Standing your ground would have been better accomplished by walking away from someone who treated you badly.

Hold addicts accountable? How- exactly? Lock someone up (who hasn't broken the law?) Take away the playstation or the keys to the car?

There is nothing at all in you posts that even hint she wanted to stop.

I think sometimes we see a situation (sometimes addiction, but other things. too) and perceive ourselves as knights on white horses, who can ride in and save somebody else. It's fine to 'see potential' but in the end, the effort to realize that potential is an inside job.

Someone posted here recently that a qualifier told him/her that the only thing accomplished by discussing drinking was ruining the little bit of peace drinking provided. That's a profoundly sad way to go through life.
Honestly the only thing that made me believe she wanted help was when she would feel guilty coming down from being drunk and her feel sadness. I always knew that it wasn't something she really wanted because when I would try to talk about it the next day when she was sober, it was always "I don't want to talk about it right now".

I think I would feel better about the situation if she was concentrating about herself only, and I could've trusted her words saying that. Since she's guided her attention elsewhere, I just don't see this working out for her. I honestly don't know why I still care at this point. I wish she would've really taken this serious and from the first 4 weeks, I thought she was based on the way she was talking. Then again her word doesn't really mean much so what do I know?