Old 10-22-2021, 03:38 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Patcha

It's going to take time to repair things with your family. Certainly a lot longer than 70 days. Be kind to yourself. You are doing a wonderful thing for yourself and for your loved ones by getting sober. One of the things I had to do to get and stay sober was creating a life I didn't need to escape from. What is your plan for staying sober now? What is your plan for when you feel like drinking? If you don't have a plan, it's time to make one. Maybe make a list of things you can do when the cravings hit or when you start to feel triggered. Coming here and sharing what is happening for you should be at the top of the list. There are all kinds of recovery meetings both in-person and online, all over the world, in all time zones. Maybe start checking some of them out. There are even AA 24/7 online meetings so you can join at 2am if you start feeling bad. I am not a member of AA but I do go to online open meetings from time to time. I have found Buddhist recovery and meditation practice to be good for me. You have lots of things to try and many things you can add to your sobriety toolbelt. Don't use this lapse as an excuse for self-pity and resentment because those two things will definitely lead you back to drinking. Congrats on your first post. You're welcome to join the Class of October 2021 in the Newcomers Daily Support thread and start getting to know your fellow classmates. You can do this. One moment at a time.