Old 01-05-2006, 01:30 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  
dan1958

Ok,here this goes. I'm about at the end of the line here. My fiancé has a drinking problem. Is she a alcoholic? I don't know. She is for lack of better words a mean drunk when she does drink. Which is every day.She doesn't drink in the morning or during the work week But,comes home form work and starts with mostly scotch and water on a good day just one or two of those. But,then switches to wine until bed. I know that when I see that scotch in her hand its going to be a bad night and I find myself trying not to push the buttons. If something's on her mind that upsets her. Then look out! I get it and the yelling and screaming starts. I have to admit I fought back and have told myself I wont lose my cool. But,some of the mean and nasty things that she says eventually get to me. I don't have to go into all the gory details as I'm sure most of the people on this site have been though them. Don't get me wrong I still love her but its getting bad lately. I guess what really hurts is that she know that the drinking is a problem for me and we have had some vary ugly fights. But,she still thinks its my problem with it. I just cant sit and watch her have drink after drink at night. Is that wrong? Should I just let her keep doing it without saying anything. She has said she is unhappy also. But,how can it work out when you cant even go one day without having a drink. I know Im kind of rambling here. Sorry,like I said its coming to a head. I want us to be happy together and I would do whatever it takes it help her. But,I really don't know what to do or even if she will want to change. I have to believe that if we do split up she will continue to drink the way she does. Is that worth losing her home a relationship. Anyway,if someone could let me know what my next step is that would be great.