Thread: I Messed Up :(
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2021, 03:19 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
fishkiller

Originally Posted by JaseUK View Post
Hey Everyone

So I messed up and now I hate myself.

I had to take an important phone call last night that I was worried about. So I went out and got a 1 litre bottle of gin. 1 litre I told myself works out cheaper than the smaller sizes and I could drink it over the next few days.

Well I woke up this afternoon (!) to discover that 1 litre bottle has about a quarter of the gin left in it.

My throat feels terrible. I suspect (but can't remember oc) that the alcohol caused me to hiccup which was an 'occupational hazard' in the past.

Also last night (this is random I know) I put some oven fries in the oven (where else?) and forgot about them. When I finally opened the oven door they were completely black. I broke one in half and it was totally black throughout. They were literally completely charcoal!

Anyway to those who said I would screw up - you are right. But I will keep on trying I guess.

To anyone who cares (thanks btw) I have qs:

1. Why I am incapable of moderating? Until last night I hadn't had a drink from 1st June. You'd think I should be okay now? Because, like me, you are an alcoholic

2. Ever turned your food to charcoal? Chicken breast, black all the way through. Took weeks to get the smell out. Still wasn't enough to quit then.

3. Did drinking cause you hiccups? yes

4. What should I do now? I really don't know so please advise. 1st, never drink again no matter what. 2nd get a plan man.

Thanks for reading guys. This forum is a much needed bright light in the dark I'm in rn.
I thought alcohol helped me in stressful times also. WRONG
I am going through a pretty stressful time right now and I tell you it is 100 times better than if I was drunk or hungover. I have the clarity and stamina to navigate life like I never had before.
Is life easy now? No
Is life better now? 1,000%

You can get the job done but you need the right tools. They are here for you to use.