View Single Post
Old 05-01-2003, 05:37 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
lyn_blossom78

JT--

Love this thread! You have really made me do some thinking.

When I first got married, I trusted "Squinty" in every way. I guess I never thought of the many ways a person trusted someone. I trusted him with the area of building me up--then he tore me down! I trusted him by believing everything he said or did!--then he lied to me, and did things behind my back that I found out about later. I trusted that I could talk to him about anything and he would listen--then he started chewing up everything I said and spitting it back at me. Guess I never thought of it that way--but that's the way it is. Now, I know he lies, I know he hides things behind my back, I know I cannot communicate things with him in a normal manner, and I know that he will not lift me up in any way, because he's intent on pulling me down with him. However, that doesn't mean I can't read books that will build myself up. Who cares what he does behind my back--I don't have to own it! I have God to communicate my most intimate thoughts--He listens to everything I say. I use to think I was an extension of Squinty--but found out I'm really not! I think it helped!

I use to think he hung the moon--but I guess he's just really a human being with human frailties.

Lyn