View Single Post
Old 01-04-2006, 10:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
ladybug

Fired, Fired, Fired.

Yesterday my "husband" was told to seek help or lose his job. They sent him home until they could find suitable treatment for him. At 5:00pm they called him and fired him. He had already decided to take their offer of treatment and I was so hopeful. Now he is unemployed. I am sick on the inside. This man is alot of things, an alcoholic, an a**hole at times, bullheaded, always right, and so on but one of the positive things about him is what a hard worker he is. Always on time, stays late if necessary an idea man for the company. Over the last year he was promoted twice into a supervisor position. The responsibility was taken on by him with no increase in pay. He must have done something wrong but I feel like he was screwed. I feel bad for him and mad at him all at once. What a great way to start the new year. How could they dangle the carrot of treatment and then take it away in one day??
He is calling the company he used to work for and resigned from 3 years ago for this better job, to see if they will hire him back. I am praying so hard it hurts. Is it always the disease's fault?