Thread: bipolar?
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2006, 08:55 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
pureangelscorp

My soberiety date is 09/02/04...Immediately, everyone in my life said that I needed to be checked out for Bipolar! Let me share something I know about that - Manic Depression runs on my Mother's side of the family, YET IF YOU ARE NOT BIPOLAR and you go to the doctor & mention Bipolar, to follow with a prescription for such disorder, YOU DEVELOPE BIPOLAR and there is NO reversing the damage done from the prescription...My response to everyone that screamed "Bipolar" was "You worry about you & your life and when I've been sober & clean for a minimum of 12 months, then maybe I'll check into whether or not I'm Bipolar! Now, at 1 year-3 months sober, there's NOT a single person who still thinks or believes I'm bipolar!! Manic Depression & Bipolar are NOT the same disorder and shouldn't be confused. If you ever start to doubt or wonder because of the BS said to mess with your head, please do your own research before you react to what other's probably don't know a damn thing about! And as for being an Aries, I couldn't agree more with your Mother!! Must be a very smart woman - I'm a scorpio and there's nothing like waves when they crash or the water that runs deep, just as equal to a fire that's ragging & flaming high honey!!

Originally Posted by sarah25
My MIL has been telling me I'm bipolar for a LONG time now....she says my A is too and my two yr old son!!!!???? She tells me all the time, when I started seeing a shrink she said "did you tell her about how you're bipolar and your mom and sister are too and how you should be on meds?" WHAT????!!! I think her telling me this is MAKING me NUTS. How can she feel so free to diagnose me? I feel like because she's on meds for, I don't even know what, she thinks everyone should be....I talked to my mom about it for the first time and she said that that is not true, that I'm an aries and I happen to express my emotions and speak when I feel something, she said there is a whole range of 'normal' it is not just one thing and that I fall well within that range and that I shouldn't be convinced I have something when I don't. What is bipolar anyway? Is it manic depressive? I know it means mood swings but is it like a chemical imbalance or something? Had to vent on that one...being told that I am sick in the head constantly is one of the things making me so unsure of my decision to leave. Thanks guys