View Single Post
Old 07-15-2021, 10:04 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
DriGuy

DriGuy: "Well, you're following the instructions in the book, but when I read that part of the book, I thought, "Why would I want to get drunk to analyze this." I'm pretty sure I know how crappy I feel about it. Maybe there's something deeper there that might be helpful, but looking at it through wine colored glasses seems like an odd way to do any serious thinking."

Originally Posted by Aellyce View Post
Because I have an addiction? And I'm not here to have nice, clean, simple, agreeable social chats, I'm here because I want nothing more but to get rid of this addiction but I can't, is that hard to comprehend? It's sort of weird that even you react in this way
My comment:
"When I read that part of the book, I thought, "Why would I want to get drunk to analyze this." I'm pretty sure I know how crappy I feel about it"...was not intended to be directed at you, but to William Porter, the author of Alcohol Explained, because I couldn't believe he would intentionally recommend someone get drunk just to do the experiment. In fact, I'm guessing that's not what he intended at all. If I wrote to him, I would anticipate that he would clarify it as my misunderstanding, just as I would point out such a misunderstanding to you.

At, any rate, I don't believe you got drunk to do the experiment, but decided to try the experiment after you got drunk. I might have done the same at one time.

In regards to:
It's sort of weird that even you react in this way
Don't expect that much from me. I make gaffs and say inappropriate things, as much as the next guy. Although, I will enter a "not guilty" plea to this one.