View Single Post
Old 07-14-2021, 08:30 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
MesaMan

I electively bought into framing my own Addiction as mostly Genetic, and Physio-based. As I've written here on SR, I liken it to being a fair-skinned Redhead. I have a propensity to Sunburn. There is no 'Moral Failing' possible in having fair Skin. I slather on Sunscreen. That cures that. I concern myself only with pragmatic, effective Strategies. Not theory.

Never again downing Ethanol under *any* circumstances similarly resolves forever my Genetic propensity to hooking back into feeding any Addiction. My Neural Pathways have been hacked, and that's just the way it is.

If this Science-based Addiction explanation isn't true, it doesn't matter to me. 'My' Construct involving Science and Genetics works for me. 100.dot.zero % of the time. I don't argue this Personal Reality any more than I argue Politics on-line. There's no Objectively-true Position to argue someone 'in to'. Gleefully walking away from such fights in Life - on any number of topics - has been yet another benefit of Sobriety.

'You Hear What You Want To Hear ~ You See What You Want To See' ~ A Colorado Mountain Town Newspaper Masthead

Great stuff in this Thread. Thank you.