View Single Post
Old 04-29-2003, 08:03 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
constant

JT, I have done some reading on the subject, but more to try to relate to my husband than myself. He grew up with both parents alcoholics and struggles with issues daily! However, since I have come to realize that I am married to an alcoholic I started looking harder at my childhood. My Dad is a raging alcoholic now, but growing up it was never an issue and had nothing to do with my parents divorce! I was the kid who watched families falling apart around me and WISHED that my family wasn't so perfect
Imagine that I actually wished that we weren't so perfect. Evidentally with or without the alcohol, the behavorial tendencies are still there. My Dad was a great provider, never missed work, helped all his friends, everyone loved him, but my Mom took care of everything. I mean she handled PTO, practices, dinner, household chores, finances, doctor visits etc, etc. She was a stay home Mom and he worked 7-3 at GM. When I look closely I see the enabling behavior of my Mom even though with Dad at the time is wasn't about drinking.

Now his life revolves around alcohol and I married an alcoholic! How weird is that I haven't really found answers, just more questions!

Constant