Old 06-01-2021, 06:46 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
GerandTwine
Not The Way way, Just the way

Originally Posted by dustyfox View Post
... the pure AVRT/RR ideology. (Perhaps ideology is the wrong concept, but in a way it can be seen as one as it does present a world view). I like your purist approach as it keeps AVRT undiluted and purposeful. I am taking from it all I need and I have found it totally suits me - I will never drink again, I will never change my mind, ...
To a chemically dependent person who is managing their dependency within human society, YES, Addictive Voice Recognition Technique DOES present a sort of “world view.” A very dangerous “world view” changer. The management of a chemical dependency can become a HUGE task for a human being within society who is trying to keep that cycle going. I know someone who vapes THC regularly and appears to function successfully in society to everyone. But their partner sees the cycle and is ambivalent about that dependency because it becomes a dynamic part of their intimate relationship. AVRT offers a way to END that person’s “world view.”

To someone who finally wants to end a chemical dependency but finds themselves using against their better judgement (definition of addicted); for that person AVRT becomes an amazingly potent tool laid out as a manual for how to secure the pledge of abstinence, how to make that as easy as possible. That is Trimpey’s great contribution to repopularizing the pledge of permanent abstinence in the western world. To an addict AVRT is not a “world view”. It is a direct path out of an unwanted “world view” of an addict.

To someone who has completed their recovery by making a pledge of permanent abstinence (with or without having used AVRT) AVRT quickly becomes an “almost nothing” within their life. I had a skin graft over a small injury decades ago. Thinking about that graft is like my thinking about AVRT and it resulting pledge. It is an “almost nothing” in my daily life. That amazingly potent event of acquiring both was very important - because - they then each became an “almost nothing” as I continued forward for the rest of my life.

My being here on SR is an unusual altruistic donation on my part having nothing to do with my long past recovery. Before joining here I had gone for decades with spending virtually no time at all on AVRT and still have only used it once for a few minutes for myself when I ran out of a prescription of hydrocodone.

To a chemically dependent person. AVRT is a dangerous “world view
To an addicted person, AVRT is “an amazingly unique and potent tool” for a quick and complete recovery
To anyone who has pledged permanent abstinence AVRT is an “almost nothing”.
How big a part of my life is my NOT ever drinking alcohol?
I spent NO money on not drinking.
I spent NO time on not drinking.
I spent NO energy on not drinking.