Old 06-01-2021, 06:53 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  
GerandTwine
Not The Way way, Just the way

Originally Posted by Fusion View Post
On the question of peer support, I believe that support/guidance whilst learning AVRT, or building one's own self-development regime, is beneficial.
Hi F,
This is like saying, support/guidance whilst learning how to ride a bicycle, OR building a bicycle-making factory, is beneficial. You can easily see the massive differences in the two goals that have nothing to do with each other.
I understand Jack Trimpey's rationale for abandoning AVRT meetings,
There never were any AVRT meetings. Before AVRT was created by Trimpey, all those RR meetings were RET meetings based on Albert Ellis’s philosophy of counseling. When AVRT was created those meetings were cancelled as being obvious breeding ground for the Addictive Voice.
but I feel it was counter-productive, and instead stifled the growth of his belief in self-recovery.
The growth of whatever Trimpey’s belief system is has nothing to do with the fact that self-recovery is the “silent majority” of all recoveries completed by people all around the globe.
I don't understand why a period of instruction on the technique would be deemed damaging, for me, it would be quite the opposite.
You’ve understood AVRT for over five years. Are you using it? Have you made your Big Plan?
GT