Thread: AVRT meetings
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2021, 03:05 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
dustyfox

Originally Posted by GerandTwine View Post
Hi df,

For me, advocating Addictive Voice Recognition Technique is more an attempt to keep it pristine and bring back the Pledge of Permanent Abstinence to the level of logical acceptance in society and the public realm that it deserves. I’ve no interest in making it a new fad to sweep around the world as a panacea for every bad habit.

GT
Yes I see. AVRT is just a technique. And a technique that works because Permanent Abstinence works in that there can be no poisoning of the body by alcohol, if no alcohol is consumed. I suppose the many, many threads and posts around this subject stem from the inability, and doubt, that some people have in accepting it/understanding it/ believing it. And that is in itself odd as it is a fact not an opinion! In the same way that 'We will not starve to death if we eat food' is a fact not an opinion. Sometimes the simplest answers take the longest to understand. And of course the only thing stopping anyone from understanding/believing/accepting that fact is the AV - I feel pretty stupid for not seeing this decades ago! Lastly of course ( and this is not my AV talking) after understanding/accepting/believing there is implementing it.