View Single Post
Old 12-31-2005, 07:31 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
ByAThread

I am in the midst of watching mine take the spiral down...enjoyed almost a week sober, then on Thursday PM, he started acting "strange"...when I questioned it (WRONG!), he of course denied...he dozed on the couch all eve, bearly able to stay awake...then he went upstairs without a word to the "he** hole room" (as I call it...all his junque in there in a royal mess...where he goes when he's drinking and depressed and where I LEAVE him!)...said he hadn't drank...that he had a headache...slept all of the night and the next day, until around 5:00 PM...came down amongst the living, acting as if nothing had changed...I pretty much ignored him, and had all day, doing whatever I needed or wanted to do...I went to bed around 11:30, and he stayed up all night on the computer...now he's sleeping again (9:30 AM), and likely will all day. Must have been SOME headache! This is the part where he changes his sleep patterns, occupies his every waking moment with computer, phone, or TV, and ignores me and any responsibilities around the house (I shoveled the drive and walk last eve while he SAW me doing it, but didn't offer to help!) If he's not drinking yet, he surely will be soon. So...I am trying to stay away from him, not rant and rave and do my own thing (without too much resentment, whenever possible). It's just another slap in the face...he'd rather be sleeping than spend time with me...stays up while I'm sleeping so he can do what he wants without being around me. And the part that burns the most is that he acts as if nothing is odd!! I worry he will lose his job AGAIN...so far he's maintained, but barely. I just have to try to think about what I will do...for ME...getting back to work Tuesday will be good for me. Less time to dwell on thoughts. I'm hoping for a stronger New Year for me. Best to all of you!!
Barb