Old 05-17-2021, 05:24 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
BettyP

CB - I had numbness and tingling in my arms and legs. I still get tingling in my left leg and foot and it's almost kind of reassuring at this point when I'm having an anxious day when my foot starts to tingle that I'm like "ok we're still here, it's still PAWS." I also would get waves of what felt like electricity running up and down my arms, and my left eye twitched for about three months straight which was soooo so annoying.
I keep track of my worst days and my best days, and I looked back to the week of my five months just for reference as to how I was feeling, and I had written down that I was still very much struggling with lots of anxiety all day and night, having very vivid dreams - most of them involving drinking, and a day of crushing depression. Five months was tough tough tough - you're doing SO great, though. This is an absolute act of courage and strength. It's the better part of the year of your life that is a huge hurdle so that you can eventually be free -- free from having to drink. Stick with us. It was right around six months that I started to have those light in the darkness days like TheSoberNerd described above. I'm just in between 10 and 11 months and the last couple of days I have felt 90% straight up normal. I know it's not going to last, but it's the best I've felt since getting sober, and the waves are trending towards normal and I know I'm healing and now convinced I'm healing. I promise you this torture will end, just stay the course.