Old 05-15-2021, 07:51 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
TheSoberNord
Better late than never

Welcome to part 3 everybody.

I'm doing alright this morning. I've said in past posts that for one reason or another early mornings were always the toughest part to get through. But recently (and knock on wood) they've been better, I don't seem so jittery or foggy in the mornings as I once was.
And also I feel like I can finally get back to doing some work in the gym. In all modesty I'm a fairly strong guy and I love lifting weights. But after I quit drinking I slowly lost my ability to do much of anything in the gym and after month 6 when PAWS really started kicking my ass I pretty much retreated completely from the gym. I would try and string together a few workouts here and there but after one particular session I had a MASSIVE panic attack and threw in the towel from there.
But after yesterday when my folks had some new gravel put down and they needed my help to shovel and spread some where the dump truck couldn't get to I came down and did it. And while it was harder to do then it should of been I actually felt pretty good 20mins later and felt like the old me after a good workout.
Reading through pasts posts in here I know better to say "I'm back!" and resume where I left off at because PAWS can strike at any moment but I feel optimistic at least that I'm on the right path and one day I will be back and hopefully better than I ever was.

So with that said keep soldiering on everybody!