Thread: AVRT meetings
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2021, 08:08 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
shakeel

Originally Posted by GerandTwine View Post
Hi Shakeel,

It is clear you would LIKE to use AVRT and have diligently read all about it in a book Rational Recovery, The New Cure that Freshstart sent you. I hope you do not forget that you can look inside to remind yourself about AVRT at any time and hopefully you can even carry it around with you because you mentioned that you repeatedly find yourself forgetting all about the simple AV gimmick all the way through the complex process of going to get alcohol and then drinking it (which I think is particularly difficult over there in Islamic Morocco).

So, with that in mind, here are 2 questions for you right now. First, think about your desire to attend a live meeting of people later on where other people will talk to you and remind you what it is you have forgotten about AVRT.

When you think about drinking and feel like you’re about to decide to drink, what would be the best solution?

1 - Open your book and remind yourself what you have forgotten about the AV

2 - Wait until later today or tomorrow when there might be that meeting where other people could remind you about AVRT.

The second question is: Do you think the number 2- answer is coming from YOU or your Addictive Voice?

GT
I understand your two questions. The way you laid it down, of course number two is from AV if I were to choose between the two. However, if you look at my suggestion for meetings, isn't what we are doing here a "kind" of meeting fo some sort. Reminding each other about the subtelties of the AV?
This may come off as AV again, but at certain times in the past in certain situations when I end up "deciding" that I would give up and give in to the drink AVRT is totally absent as if I had never know the method. Posting here, talking to others who use AVRT for some times was what I had in mind for meetings. I can already see it coming ( what I have just said is pure AV).
By the way GerandTwine, Morocco is quite different, in my neighborhood alone a 3 block radius we have 7 liquor stores and 6 bars.