View Single Post
Old 04-24-2021, 12:35 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
dhrxti

Originally Posted by ohwellitsspring View Post
Hi. I’ve never posted here before. My alcoholic partner of 5 years just broke up with me last week. It wasn’t the first time; it will be the last. It goes like this: everything seems to be fine. We have a nice day. Then he ambushes me and says a bunch of stuff that doesn’t make sense about how he can’t love me enough and wants a ‘transcendent love’ and lists some made up flaws I have and tells me he loves me more than he has ever loved anyone and can easily imagine spending his life with me but he doesn’t want to be with me.
Oh my god my partner of SIX MONTHS did this exact same thing to me, saying the same things!? I'm sorry this happened to you twice in *5 years*! God what a sad reality if this is the way they continually avoid what they have in front of them in an attempt to exert power and control. Sending lots of love to you, you did the right thing by walking away and it seems like you've got a lot of inner strength and have done a lot of work already. You deserve so much better than this and I'm sorry you went through this. The made-up flaws thing is something that, from my ex's own mouth, they know is absolute ******** after a while, so I'm confident that they'll realise how stupid they are - perhaps too late from the sounds of it and good for you. I'm rooting for you!