Old 12-30-2005, 10:33 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  
My_firstborn
Whats A Mom To Do

Unhappy New and need help

I recently discovered that my son is an alcoholic. He is 27 years old and I can only assume that it started the day he moved out at 21 years old. In this 6 years he has distoryed 2 serious relationships (who of course he said was their fault at the time) . He was having trouble financially and living alone so I let him move back in with me only to find out the real reason for his troubles. It absolutely breaks my heart to see him come home every night drunk. In this short 2 month period that he has been home... I have seen it all. I have rescued him from places he has no idea how he got there. (calls from strangers finding my number in his cell phone). My apologies and lies go on forever to strangers. He has fallen off the porch passing out and I have literly had to picked him up and bring him inside. My sleepless nights worrying and fearing he will fall into traffic or get mussed or god knows what has caused me my own health issues and distress at my place of employment. I have done all the aboved mentioned. Cover his rear on many occasions and have lied too many times. Where do I begin and how do I stop enabling him? Do I kick him out into the streets? I've yelled, I've cried and I've lied and everything in between. I've askied him over and over to go to AA and that I would go with him. I offered to take him to and from. He just gets mad and says he can handle it. Please Help!