View Single Post
Old 04-15-2021, 06:47 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Abandoned80

[QUOTE=ohwellitsspring;7622558]Yeah, sounds very familiar, abandoned. Among my many flaws are that I do not like riding bikes as much as he does, that I have a cat (that he adores, but he is politically opposed to the keeping of pets), that I snore (this keeps him up; the obvious pattern of his being more able to sleep the more alcohol he has in his system has nothing to do with it), that I am too short (I am on the small side of average), and that due to cohabitation I hear it when he burps (!).

It’s amusing trying to imagine his perfect woman according to these rubrics: 6’5”, hates animals, bikes everywhere, does not breath when she sleeps, cannot hear burping. She’d be very impressive!

Ha! Wouldn’t she though? It all sounds so ridiculous written out, doesn’t it? Were you pretending to be taller when you met and for most of the years of your relationship so that he didn’t notice that you were short before? It’s just pure ridiculousness. Mine also pulled the bike thing out on me too, only it was motorcycles and I made him feel guilty about riding (I guess). Now just imagine yourself breaking up with someone you’ve been with for some years because of how tall they are or because they snore. Our Q’s were just looking for an excuse and this was the best they could come up with, aside from addressing the elephant in the room. And if such petty things could truly send them packing, who wants them anyway?