View Single Post
Old 12-29-2005, 05:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Loopylou

Go back to your counsellor & stick it out. It will help. At the age you are now I was referred to one of the top places in the UK for adolescent counselling & went only twice. I sat & cried most of the session & all the way home on the train. They wanted me to talk about things I didn't want to talk about & I couldn't take it.
I am now 41 & have been in counselling for over a year. We have talked about my parents & their fighting, drinking etc, lots about the crap relationships I have got into including my husband that I am desperate to leave - all sorts really. I was a shell - in the room in body but not in spirit - gradually I'm getting there & right now I'm ready to tell my husband to leave. My mum is still an alcoholic, when I was younger it was my dad that drank & used to beat her senseless. She took the if you can't beat them join them route & has really struggled for the last 20 years with her drinking.
You have to learn to look after you which means you have to talk about your feelings & what makes you what you are. I suffered eating disorders, violent boyfriends, an alocholic boyfriend 12 years older than me when I was your age - get help from the counsellor at college - stick with it - it hurts - but you can do it. You can always tell them they are going to fast/slow or makign you feel bad etc.