Old 04-06-2021, 06:11 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
GerandTwine
Not The Way way, Just the way

Originally Posted by JustJohn View Post
In 2003 or so, I just did the Crash Course on the web page, made a Big Plan and quit for 3 years, 7 months. Then that 4th year I got half assed and allowed a dialogue with my AV instead of shutting it down like I had always done before...What a dumbass!
The Big Plan does not have a 4th year clause that says “go ahead and drink some more if you get half assed about permanent abstinence”. What you had was a stop-for-a-while-plan. You can only make a Big Plan once in your life due to the obvious reason of logic. But you can still make a Big Plan any time you want. It only takes around one minute.

Following the making of a Big Plan, dialogue with your AV can never lead to drinking. It is just a form of “shifting” back and forth between YOU and IT. YOU talking at IT. If you have made a Big Plan you cannot fail to RE-cognize your AV every time before alcohol makes its way into a cup in your hand that you would pour into your mouth.

Occasionally, over the decades, I have held glasses of alcoholic beverages to hand to other people. Those occasions were completely insignificant to me. I cannot quite remember when or where they happened.