Old 04-04-2021, 08:32 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
GerandTwine
Not The Way way, Just the way

Originally Posted by Aellyce2 View Post
I have a question for those of you who had success with AVRT. Did you apply the same to other behaviors than strictly the substance use, or main behavioral addiction?
Absolutely, I quit alcohol/drugs, then nicotine soon after for good before AVRT was invented. But I used AVRT specifically to end a coffee addiction, then expanded it to chocolate and all caffeinated products, then a man-made sweets addiction (did that last Big Plan right here on SR in the middle of a post years ago). It was a simple matter of fine tuning myself over time towards how I wanted my mind and body to work and for as long as possible.

Things that are not necessarily so problematic on their own, but perhaps became intertwined with the main and most troublesome addiction?
AVRT specifically lumps together all severely mind altering drugs including alcohol in one Big Plan because of their ability to alter inhibition and self control. It’s just simple logic and anyone can do it. Other than that, all other uses of AVRT are isolated from each other. This is what I have found in my life when using AVRT and the Big Plan’s associated with those substances. There is no intertwining. This is by definition of AVRT.

For example, if the main issue was drinking but it developed and was reinforced by strong associated choices/behaviors that also became powerful cues for the AV to come out. For example environments where the substance use often occurred, people or things it was often associated with. If you have experiences like that, did you just focus on the main problem (i.e. drinking) with AVRT or targeted and completely eliminated the associated other things as well? I even wonder if my speculating about this is just thoughts and feelings from my AV on their own, and I'm unnecessarily complicating it again.
Using AVRT gives one an ironclad defense against any environmental situation. Degrees of association to the past drinking will likely induce more AV activity, but with a Big Plan, you are immune from acting upon IT. I found that the old associations fairly quickly dropped off in having any real interest for me. I quickly reentered society, got married and became a father-to-be all within one year (against all the recovery group recommendations that were bombarding me in my meeting attendances mandated in order to get full driving privileges reinstated).