View Single Post
Old 03-18-2021, 10:57 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Briansy

Originally Posted by Rockbottom1964 View Post
Hi, JPA. It sounds to me, friend, as if you have everything in the world to live for, so I really don't understand how you can even contemplate taking your own life; suicide is such a trite little term, is it not? "He committed suicide...." Wow. Why not just - "he blew his f****** brains out? or he died screaming because he drank poison? or.......
I'm sorry if I come across as harsh, pal, but that's my intention. To the tee. My little brother hung himself with a nylon rope 16 years ago, and do you know what? - he had chafing marks and blisters on his palms from trying to climb that very same rope when he realized what he had done. But it was too LATE. He left behind a three-year-old son and three-month-old daughter, and a wife who loved him very much. I still think about all the things I never said to him - like I love you little brother, and the times I was ugly to him, and all the times I could have or should have helped, but didn't. And not a day passes that I don't wish he was still here. But he is not. Most of all, though, I'm still ANGRY. With myself, but also at him.
So, tonight, when you look at that wonderful child of yours, maybe get into bed with him or her, and hug them for an hour instead of just looking, then go do the same with your wife, and be forever grateful for what you have.
"Gratitude" is a term I scoffed at just a year ago, and it has made a LOT of difference in my life. Perhaps that is something you should try? Perhaps "Stop and Smell the Roses", instead of sitting in a little puddle and feeling sorry for yourself? YOU, who, in your own words - never had it better? If anybody should have "committed suicide" in the last couple of years, it should have been me - go read my first few dozen Posts/Threads, and then see how very, very lucky you are.
Lastly - killing yourself takes guts, JPA, but it is probably the most cowardly thing you or any person can do. "You're leaving behind all of your heartaches and troubles and s*** ? Sure you are, but have you thought about who you leave them with? Your wonderful wife, children, family and friends - that's who.
I've only said a fraction of what I really want to and really put it mildly, compared to what I really want to absolutely SCREAM at you. I think you are a very selfish person, man. I honestly do. And I'm not the only one on SR thinking that, I'm sure.
Good luck, JPA. I hope you get your priorities straightened out.
That's absolutely heartbreaking mate. But from where you were then to where you are now, that's a different level of resolve. Very impressive. I know this post was harsh, but it's powerful and I think is food for thought for any of us who are wallowing a bit. I know I can do it with the best of them.

JPA, hope you're doing better.