View Single Post
Old 02-24-2021, 12:55 PM
  # 277 (permalink)  
pizza67

Originally Posted by Amaranth View Post
Hi Pizza.....don't forget....take what you liked and leave the rest...... please don't stop posting because you don't like some of the feedback. It would be a shame to miss out on all the great support here on the forum
Maybe it's time to ask yourself why you stay in the relationship. I stayed long after it was less than ideal but I know why I stayed. There were still good bits. I put my energy into those good bits and I accepted or ignored (possibly denied) the bad bits. I tried to nurture and encourage what was still good.
You say yourself he will never change so rather than focus on what upsets you about him can you try turning the focus around to yourself and find the things that make you happy about him? Even if it's when he's not in you get to choose the TV chanel or eat all the ice cream. He won't change but you can. By changing your own perspective you may be able to find some joy amongst all that heartache.
There must be reasons why you stay and maybe examining these will be helpful to you.
Out of fear of narc rage and the legal ramifications of that (endless court, bankruptcy etc). That’s why.