View Single Post
Old 02-23-2021, 06:48 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
zjw

For me i had to push through the first year of cravings it was after that that i think i had faced the bulk of the trigger type situations and won those battles thus boosting my confidence and allowing me to realize that the cravings will come and go and i'll survive.

that being said i'm almost 10 years sober and over a week ago had a really strong craving like you describe i simply didnt care at all if i went and drank i wanted to so badly and i couldnt care less about the reamifications. I think it was at that point that i understood what people meant by I dunno what fcame over me I just started drinking without thinking. I dunno if i really get cravings otherwise anymore tho. Sure something crappy happens or some situation arises where i think gee I'd like a drink but thats about as far as it goes generally.

I can see how some medications could cause cravings. I cant speak for once your on but I know for me some would tickle that itch and i'd probably be either shoveling in more of the meds or wanting to head to the bar. So in my case i try to avoid meds. I'm a sensitive snowflake anymore anyhow tho even some herbal supplement or vitamin can cause me some adverse affect.