View Single Post
Old 02-23-2021, 04:57 AM
  # 261 (permalink)  
Sueby

AH Calling me at work: (back story - has been off since last September on 'sick' leave and did a 30 day program in October, but hasn't bothered going back to work since then. We are also living separately due to the drinking/drugs and he's not happy about that)

AH (sober at the time): I got a letter from the work lawyer. Said I have to go to testing tomorrow and do some stupid return to work thing. They aren't allowed to only give me 24 hours to go, they have to give me lots more time than that, I know the rules!
Me: (works in HR) Actually, 24 hours is normal to give for testing given your work's drug & alcohol policy. Maybe you should go get a lawyer and talk to him/her about all this? I think that's the best thing you can do right now, honestly. I don't know what your options are right now and they will.
AH: I don't want to think about it right now, so mad!
AH's decision? Calls me back 2 hours later and is LOADED! Going on about how no one can dictate to him if he can be drunk OR sober!

Next day (while I'm at work):
AH (still drunk): You're a horrible wife and you screwed me over!
Me: Ummmm... how did I screw you over?
AH: You didn't hire me that lawyer and when I didn't go to testing today now they will fire me! What kind of wife doesn't do that for their husband????
Me: I wasn't aware that you wanted me to hire a lawyer for you.
AH: You always do this, will help everyone else but NEVER ME! I love you man, but you don't know how to be a good person. Only ever want to help yourself, never anyone else.
Me: Well, I'm sorry you feel that way. I have to go back to work
AH: See??? Always helping everyone else, but can't be bothered to help me when I really need it!!
Me: They pay me...
AH: They shouldn't, you suck. No one likes you anyway. They should fire YOU and see how you like it!
Me: <hangs up>