Old 02-22-2021, 07:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
comewhatmay

Confused about my partner's behavior in recovery

Hello everyone. My partner of three years is currently in recovery. Please note he has been a long term drug user all his life. He came out of rehab one week ago and moved straight into a sober living house, which was recommended by the rehab facility. We are currently in a long distance relationship, and I am unable to travel to see him due to covid-19 travel restrictions. I have noticed he has become distant. When I called yesterday, I got the vibe he didn't feel like talking. Is is not in my nature to pursue people when I can see they are not actively engaging with me, so I have not contacted him since. He can reach out to me if, and when, he wants to. I also notice recently his behavior on social media is somewhat strange. He is regularly posting odd selfies and philosophical quotes about life. I'm happy to leave him to it. I understand he is going through an emotional time. His recovery comes first. However, I do wonder what is going on with him on the emotional level. I welcome any feedback. Thank you.