View Single Post
Old 02-17-2021, 03:19 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
DriGuy

While the lock downs are being respected, AA just can't be the way you want. Yeah, there is AA/zoom, and maybe some people get something from that. I've been in a couple of zoom meetings with a group that is highly important to me, but has nothing to do with alcohol. The meetings, webinars, or whatever, are just not the same, and not even close, nor as useful or inspiring. It's about like the difference between driving a jaguar, and riding a really old and junky 1 speed bike.

None the less, sobriety is no less important when AA is not around, and the idea, at least for me, was to eventually be sober without the crutch. You may think about that and see what changes you can make in your head that will be a step in that direction. I like the personal contact of actual meetings. I get that. I wish this forum was big enough to be a nationally known meeting supporting organization, but without the personal face to face, I don't think you will not do much better than right here, and I'm sure a lot of us feel like we are in your place right now, cut off from life support, and left on our own. That being the case, there will be people here you can relate to, and you are not the first to mention your specific feelings on the issue.

And welcome back. I've noticed that you were gone.