View Single Post
Old 02-15-2021, 08:45 AM
  # 147 (permalink)  
Aellyce

In a completely different context, I just heard yesterday from someone who uses the MBTI professionally that the "IN" types are the most likely to struggle with proper recognition of their physical needs and self-care. I am far from an MBTI evangelist and don't think this poll is unbiased enough to appropriately reflect that (given it's on an online forum), but the results are interesting. I've definitely had a hard time with regularly caring for my physical needs as far as I remember, and it's still probably the most challenging task even in my mid-40s - need to find extra, sometimes tricky ways to motivate myself as it's rarely a primary interest, even though I know full-well that if my body is healthy and looked after properly, it'll positively affect my mind and everything else I am more interested in. Getting sober and taking an holistic approach has been a great booster in this regard - it's stimulating mentally, so I am also motivated to do the actual physical things. Well, at least better than before